When purchasing a shipping container, it is important to not only do your homework on what type of container you need but who you are purchasing it from. Most people get multiple quotes and go with the lowest priced vendor but a deep discount among other things can be a sign of a scam. Consumers should take additional time in protecting themselves by researching the shipping container vendor online to ensure they are legitimate companies.
Scammers are very professional and can duplicate anyone’s website and change the telephone # and address. They can also replicate invoices to make it look like you are buying from a reputable vendor but paying the scammer directly. Here are some tips to protect yourself from a shipping container scam.
- Always call the phone number on the website, often scammers will want to communicate via email
- Check Google reviews for recent reviews
- Beware if they cannot answer all of your questions
- Using a credit card is the best method to prevent fraud
- Check website addresses and compare them to the email address they are using, both should be the same domain
- Never pay with Bitcoin
- Promises & Guarantees – Check out the fine print no matter who you work with especially if they offer you a “warranty”
- Fake Invoices- If the invoice has some red flags, it more than likely is not from a reputable company
- Do Additional Homework on the Vendor — Check out our post on what to ask vendors
Victims fall for low prices, fast delivery, and/or quick transactions and realize the scam when their container doesn’t show up. Customers should feel confident in the shipping container vendor they select and should have a positive purchasing experience from start to finish. At Container Sales Group, we have been selling Shipping Containers for over 25+ years to Businesses, Schools/Universities as well as Residents across the country including Ford Motor Company, Ace Hardware, Bobcat, Union Pacific, Walsh Construction, Purdue University, and Cirque du Soleil.
Call An Expert For Help
To learn more about what to look for in a reputable shipping container seller, visit our blog post or call us direct at Container Sales Group 708-639-4783.